If you have decided to buy a Rolex watch, you have made a good decision. Rolex remains the most valuable brand, and its watches have been cherished for more than 100 years.
For years, people have considered Rolex watches the best from a style and engineering perspective. Rolex watches are more than just ordinary timepieces because when you are with one, you will be with something which stands for grace, style, success, quality, and luxury.
When it comes to Rolex watches, both new and classic, only a few people would argue against the watches being king. However, if you invest in something as valuable as this, it would be best to know what you are about to get yourself into.
Why Rolex Watches
Rolex watches are the most iconic and recognized luxury brand globally. The brand is known all over by people who are interested in more than just wristwatches.
Many luxury watch brands are popular among people who are into watches. As a matter of fact, when people think of luxury watches, the brand Rolex comes to their mind. But if you are into watches and looking for something to spend your money on a luxury wristwatch, the following are reasons you should buy Rolex:
A study in 2023 by the Reputation Institution ranked Rolex as the world’s most reputable brand and company. Before watches became luxuries, they were mere tools.
But Rolex built a good reputation for being one of the reliable watchmakers, especially for divers. In 1953, the Submariner was the very first watch, waterproof to around 100 meters.
Plus, Rolex tests their watches. For instance, every Oyster Perpetual model is tested under a water pressure of 10%, while dive watches are tested at 25% higher.
- Status Symbols and Celebrations
People have various reasons for buying a Rolex watch. Some individuals want the watch because of its universal recognition and impeccable quality, whereas others buy it due to its capability to serve as a wearable investment.
Most people also buy Rolex watches to celebrate specific life events. Whether it is a wedding, achieving professional goals, the birth of a child, or a milestone birthday, Rolex watches remain a perfect way of commemorating special occasions, and they can be worn every day as a reminder of remarkable life events.
In addition, Rolex is among the most popular luxury brands in the world. Their watches serve as a universal status symbol, which is recognized instantly all over the world. No matter the model or age, every Rolex watch conveys to others that you have a particular level of status and success in both your professional and personal life.
What Rolex Watches Are Made Of
Rolex produces and formulates most of its materials in-house. By discounting most of their esoteric materials specifically used in Rolex movements, the brand makes its watches from different materials, including the following:
- Precious stones
- White Gold 18k
- Yellow Gold 18k
- Everose Gole 18k
- RLX Titanium
Key Innovations and Features
Because they have been operating for more than 100 years, the Rolex brand has become a very successful watchmaker. The company and brand are responsible for innovations and have over 500 patents.
Some of the ways Rolex has changed in watchmaking include ring command and twin-locking winding crowns. A ring command, which is a new innovation, allows wearers to adjust their data and time.
On the other hand, the twin-locking winding crown guarantees that the waterproof features ensure the guarantee remains valid. A screw-down crown helps to prevent water from compromising watches.
Buying Guide for Beginners
Most people who buy Rolex watches are not really a watch aficionado. However, they know the brand very well to take the plunge as well as buy a good watch. That said, watch culture can, at times, be intimidating as there is a debate around it.
At times, it may feel unwelcoming as people argue passionately about things they like and dislike about the Rolex brand. If you leave this behind for a moment, you will realize that the Rolex watch is only for you as the wearer. Rolex watches aren’t like cars that you can share. But your son can inherit it. This is why it is important to consider the following tips to ensure you make the right buying decision:
- Have a budget: As far as investing in a good Rolex watch is concerned, it is best to have a reasonable budget to ensure you get the watch you want. Rolex watch is the most sought-after timepiece in the market, and because of that, pricing may vary based on several factors, like materials and model.
- Choose between vintage, pre-owned, and new: Buying new Rolex watches is somehow straightforward. You just pay full price and get an authentic product. But a vintage watch can be a better option if you prefer a slightly worn watch. For years, vintage Rolex watches were unpopular, but recently things have changed. You can also go for a pre-owned Rolex. This option includes watches, which are not more than 20 years old.
- Check the condition: Like a collector’s item, a vintage Rolex watch depend on the condition to determine the price. It might not be in good condition, but it should uphold quality people like them. But you can find a vintage watch with cracked or faded dials. Most of these features are prominent in collector’s conventions.
- Look at the quality: Mostly, the manufacturing process of Rolex is done in-house. This includes the metal finishes, movements, hand-set gems, bracelets, cases, bezels, and dials forged in the foundry of Rolex. By maintaining their manufacturing in-house, Rolex is able to control the quality of all the inventory aspects to ensure they achieve quality.
- Consider accessories: Accessories, which come with watches aren’t necessary. However, the most vital part is ensuring you are aware of what you are about to get into. Some individuals only purchase a Rolex watch with a full set, while others focus on finding a good watch.
A quality watch is similar to a valuable painting. It is a great investment, and their value improves with age. This is why it is best to take your time to research and ensure you invest in the right timepiece.